Sunday, June 21, 2009

Top Foods: Bulk Candy



I seem to remember recognizing the fact that Top Foods had an excellent bulk candy collection when I was a kid. Recently, Kyle and I were looking for a spot to get some refreshments on the way to an unrelated photoshoot so we stopped at a Top Foods. As you can see the array was staggering. There were some new gummies that I had never seen before such as alphabet letters, army men, stealth bombers, and centipedes. Another positive attribute was that most of their gummy selection seemed rather fresh. You can tell if the gummy is fresh based off of the give they have when you shovel or pinch when transferring it to your bag. Different candies have various gelatinous attributes and I think some are better a little harder. Other items of note at Top Foods were the Haribo berry mix, blue sharks (i now have a candy recipie idea for this), and the cola gummies.

Bulk Candy

I think bulk candy might be my favorite candy. I have purchased such great amounts that I had to double bag those big clear plastic bags at the grocery store. The only problem is that it can be expensive. Dont waste your time at places like the Sweet Factory. Though they do have a pretty good selection that is worth exploring on rare occasions, I like going to certain grocery stores better. Going to grocery stores can be risky though. You have to know which ones have a good assortment such as Top Foods and WinCo. Places like QFC or Safeway suck. Another thing you can use to your advantage at a grocery store is the variable pricing. This doesnt work at every store but its worth a shot: First, fill your bag to your satisfaction then on the twisty tie, next write the bin number for the cheapest price per pound. This worked at the Top Foods for $2.99/lb but it doesnt work at WinCo anymore. WinCo was my favorite because I was able to get bags at 1$/lb but I guess other people did that too because they no longer 'accept mixed bags'. I hope they had fun resorting my 6 pound bag with 17 different kinds of candy.

4 comments:

  1. I love your candy soooo much but I do have to say that my little sister did swallow a piece of your stick wich is attached on your dum dums I not so crazy about that ! we had to take her down to the emergency room not cool but other than that you guys rock!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post and great tips: even I also think that hard work is the most important aspect of getting success. wholesale candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new GCU parent portal is intuitive, visually engaging, and fully customizable Inside the GCU Portal you can access your LoudCloud classroom

    ReplyDelete