Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Roundup #1

My good friend/roommate/soon to be resident licorice expert contributor Nas brought home some treats the other night. Im a big fan of Trolli's product line and these didn't disappoint. The wild card here was the Haribo cola gummies, an unlikely complement until Nas' excellent discovery which I'll get to momentarily. I enjoyed each of these on their own. If I had to rank them, Id say the Brite Octopi took the number one spot due to their large volume, soft texture, and flavorful essence. The Cherry Bombers were a suprise because they had a gelatenous core, much like the Gushers (I'll have to do a segment on childhood treats like Gushers and Fruit by the Foot later) only with a softer membrane. The Cola gummies are good but I'm always a huge fan of sour and gummy.

One day I plan on making a candy cook book of flavorful concoctions so Nas' idea made me pretty excited. He started off with 3 Cola gummies, chewing them until they are more or less broken up in your mouth. Next you add 1 Cherry Bomber and instantly you have the Roy Rodgers of candy in your mouth. It was a pleasant suprise indeed.

3 comments:

  1. ever had haribo star mix???? i ate like four pounds of it in the uk... and i have one lone bag of it sitting in my room. you should meet it. it's delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haribo's are the best. I prefer my gummies to be little firmer to the touch. Haribo's produce firm but perfectly gummy candy!

    When I go to Mexico I'll bring you back some Mexican candy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! i want to try them all. My Haribo experience is limited to these colas as well as some sort of raspberry/blackberry mix

    ReplyDelete